Teton County Health Department is an Official Flu Fighter!
Teton County Health Department In-House Flu Clinics
Teton County Health Department officials are strongly encouraging people in the community to get vaccinated for flu and are providing a series of flu clinics to the public, by appointment only. Our in house flu clinics for 2020 will begin September 28th and run through November 20th. We are located at 460 E. Pearl Avenue Jackson, WY 83001.
We offer mercury and preservative free quadrivalent flu vaccine for adults and children, and preservative free high-dose flu vaccine for people 65 years and older.
10/7/20 Update: We are currently out of high-dose vaccine for those 65+ years. This will be updated when we have more information in the coming week about our next possible shipment.
Clinic hours: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
or scan the QR code with your phone!
When you arrive: Please park and come to the front door. Wait outside at stop sign barrier and you will see a whiteboard with directions on how to notify us that you are here!
Adult 60+ Focused Flu Shot Clinic at the Senior Center of Jackson Hole
Please Note: October 3rd and 10th are fully booked and there are no more appointment times available.
To make receiving your flu shot as safe and easy as possible, the Teton County Health Department will be hosting a drive-through Flu Shot Clinic at the Senior Center of Jackson Hole on Saturday, October 3rd and October 10th, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- In order to maintain physical distancing, we are asking individuals to remain in their vehicles for the entirety of their appointment
- Symptoms will be checked upon arrival, please do not come if you are sick and bring a cloth face covering to wear for the duration of your appointment
- As a reminder, we will need access to your upper arm via your car window to provide the vaccine, so please dress accordingly
- High dose flu shots will be available for individuals who are 65 years old and over, while supplies last
- Our regular quadrivalent preservative free flu shot will also be available for individuals who choose not to receive the high dose flu shot
- Please bring your Medicare or supplemental insurance cards with you
Importance of Getting Vaccinated Against the Flu
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. Every flu season is different, and influenza infection can affect people differently. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever and will help protect yourself, your family and your community. A flu vaccine this season can also help reduce the burden on our healthcare systems as they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and will save medical resources for care of COVID-19 patients. When more people get vaccinated against the flu, less flu can spread through that community.