Construction Noise Violations

This office receives many complaints regarding noise associated with construction projects. Many large commercial developments will have conditions tied to a development permit that restrict heavy construction activities with loud noises to certain hours of the day. However, the majority of residential house construction does not have specific restricted construction hours. Generally, we request that construction that may disturb the regular routines of nearby occupants - residential or businesses - be conducted during normal working hours. 

Please call our Planning Staff with questions about a specific project.

Contact Information

For more information on any code topics or other zoning issues, please stop by our offices at 200 South Willow Street in Jackson or call 307-733-3959. To report a violation, please go to this link.