How can I vote absentee?


To insure that all registered voters have the opportunity to cast their ballot, Wyoming allows voters to vote by absentee - for any reason. A qualified elector may apply for an absentee ballot either in person, in writing, by e-mail, or by telephone at anytime during the calendar year in which the election is held, but not on the day of the election.

Voting at the Absentee Voting Place

Additionally, Teton County has an absentee polling place that is located in the basement of the Teton County Administration Building at 200 S Willow St, Jackson, WY 83001. All qualified electors wishing to vote in person by absentee may vote at the absentee polling site for both the Primary and General elections.  

The absentee polling site is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during Primary, General, and Special elections. Please keep in mind that the absentee polling site is not open on Election Day. You must vote at a designated vote center on Election Day.

Other Ways to Absentee Vote

If you are unable to vote in person at the absentee polling site, you can request that an absentee ballot be mailed to you. Beginning in January of each election cycle, you may request an absentee ballot by calling us at 307-733-4430, or complete the request for Wyoming absentee ballot form (PDF) and email to Calling or emailing us is the best way to ensure there is enough time to mail your ballot. 

You can also mail or drop of the form in person to the Administration Building or by mailing it too:

Teton County Clerk
P.O. Box 1727
Jackson, WY, 83001

Teton County Clerk
200 S Willow St
Jackson, WY 83001

If you would like someone to pick up an absentee ballot for you, please make sure that you complete the section on the absentee ballot request form which designates who will pick up your ballot.

Deadline of Receiving Ballots

All absentee ballots must be received in the Clerk`s Office by 7 p.m. on the day of the Election to be counted.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I go to vote on election day?
2. How can I vote absentee?
3. How do I obtain a marriage license?